Membership of Dance Camp North (DCN) involves both rights & responsibilities
In joining DCN members are acknowledging their support of the aims of DCN.
- Members agree to respect the views of all other members and behave towards others in a manner that is loving, considerate, non-judgemental and responsible.
- As DCN Ltd has a legal responsibility to keep a membership register, all members will be asked for permission to record their details on a database. Members are asked to notify the membership secretary of changes to their name or address within 7 days.
- Membership ends when a person resigns or fails to maintain payment of membership charges or other monies owed to DCN Ltd. The Development Group have the right to refuse admission to membership. Should this occur, the applicant has the right to re-quest that their application be considered by the membership at the next members’ meeting.
- Children and young people under 18 years of age can attend camp only in the care of an adult member. In bringing children / young people to camp, members are acknowledging that they remain responsible at all times for the behaviour and safety of the children / young people in their care. The responsible adult will act as advocate for the child / young person in respect of all matters pertaining to camp. DCN Ltd has a child protection policy which is available on request from the membership secretary.
- Whilst members of the Development Group pay particular details to operational details, all members have a duty of care to all others and must behave in a manner that is considerate of the health, safety and welfare of all. This is particularly important at camp.
- Members have the most important role in the decision-making process and share responsibility for those decisions. The personal liability of all members, including members of the Development Group in respect of DCN Ltd is limited to £1.00. This does not remove responsibility in the event of negligence by any group or individual.
- Every member of DCN Ltd undertakes to contribute to the assets of the company if it should be wound up while s/he is a member or within one year after this in respect of debts and liabilities of the Company contracted before s/he ceased to be a member, and to the costs, charges or expenses of winding up, the amount that may be required not exceeding £1.00.
- Members are encouraged to maintain lifestyles that preserve the resources of the planet for future generations.
To become / remain a member of DCN Ltd, contact the Membership Secretary for one. Telephone 07549 247727 or complete the Contact Form on the Contact Us page here.
Find out about the Friends of Dance Camp North community subscription here.
Remember, camp is open only to members of DCN Ltd and accompanying children and young people.